Online, self-paced courses are available 24/7 and include a quiz or an Evidence of Learning for you to apply your skills and knowledge.
No refunds or transfers are granted for online, self-paced courses. You have 90 days from the date of registration to complete any online, self-paced course, including any necessary retakes. Extensions will not be granted. If you do not complete all coursework within this time, you will need to re-register and start the course from the beginning, previous completion history will be cleared.
Level 1 Training
• Level 1 courses include true/false and multiple choice quiz questions that are automatically scored. You must achieve a score of 80% or higher to receive credit.
• Upon achieving a passing score, credit will automatically be awarded and appear on your Learning Record.
• If you do not receive a passing score, you will be prompted to retake the course.
Level 2 Training
• An instructor-graded Evidence of Learning (EOL) is required in order to receive credit for any Level 2 training. You will complete the EOL throughout the course.
• You are expected to complete and submit your own work. Collaboration and discussion between learners is encouraged, but your EOL must be written in your own words.
• Please allow up to 10 business days from the time you submit your training to receive your score and feedback from an instructor. Upon achieving a passing score, credit will be awarded and the course will appear on your Learning Record.
• If your EOL does not meet expectations, you will be notified via the notes section of your Interactive Classroom. You will need to start the course again to submit your revised work before your course expires. If your EOL is still insufficient after you resubmit, you will not receive credit for completing the training. You may re-register at another time and complete the training.
Some online, self-paced courses require a book to complete the course, which will be listed in the course description. Once you have completed registration for a book course, the book will be mailed to you within 7 business days of registering for the course. Please make sure your mailing address is current in your Growing Futures account as this is the address we will mail your book to.
Certificates will not be given. Your Growing Futures Learning Record or DHS Licensing Training Record will serve as proof of verified training.
Online, instructor-led courses include weekly Virtual Peer Learning Group sessions and reading and writing assignments.
Online, instructor-led training might be a good fit if you:
• Have access to reliable internet and have basic technology skills (A basic knowledge of personal computers is expected of online learners. If you do not have a basic proficiency with computers, we encourage you to either find someone to assist you with the course or pursue face-to-face training.)
• Have strong reading comprehension and writing skills
• Want to take a deeper dive into topics that interest you
Events with low registration at the registration deadline will be canceled. The registration deadline for most online, instructor-led training events is 14 days prior to the first chat session. You may transfer to a different training if Child Care Aware® cancels a training due to low registration.
Due to the wide variety of mobile devices and software, we cannot guarantee compatibility. While more and more courses are becoming mobile-compatible, the best learning experience requires a larger screen than most smartphones or small tablets. We recommend a desktop or laptop computer for all courses.
Face-to-face events give you the opportunity to interact with leading experts in the early care and education field as they present the latest trends, research, and hot topics.
• Out of respect for others, please do not bring your children to training events.
• Please refrain from using your handheld devices and/or cell phones during training events.
• Training events start and end on time. participants who arrive 10 minutes late and/or leave 10 minutes early will not receive credit.
• Child Care Aware® will cancel a training when the weather is threatening. You will be notified via email as late as one hour before the training is scheduled to begin. Every effort will be made to reschedule the training.
• Events with low registration at the registration deadline will be canceled. The registration deadline for most face-to-face training events is 10 days prior to the training.
• You may transfer to a different training if Child Care Aware® cancels a training due to weather or low registration.
Training To Go
A variety of Training to Go topics are available to meet the training needs of your group or association.
Cost of training: $150/hour. Additional fees may apply for events with more that 35 participants. Make check payable to: South East Education Cooperative.
Child Care Aware® will be responsible for:
- Growing Futures approval
- Payment to trainer for time and travel
- Handouts for the number of participants indicated in the request
- Projector, speakers and laptop
Your organization will be responsible for:
- Arranging the location
- Your training location should be comfortable for adults, including adult-sized furniture.
- Out of respect for others, please do not bring your children to the training.
- Please refrain from using your handheld devices and cell phones during the training.
- Advertising the event (Training to Go events will not be posted on the Statewide Training Calendar).
- Providing a white screen or blank wall to project.
- Making sure all participants have pre-registered for the training. Participants will be required to pre-register. You will receive a link to distribute to participants to register. Participants must have a Growing Futures Registry ID. Handouts will only be provided for participants who pre-register.
- Ability for trainer to set up a minimum of 30 minutes before training is scheduled to begin.
Scheduling, credit and cancelations:
- Training to Go must be scheduled a minimum of 45 days in advance
- You will receive a Training to Go confirmation within five business days of submitting your request. You must return the signed confirmation within three business days. If the signed confirmation is not received within three days, Child Care Aware® will assume that the training request has been canceled and the training will not be scheduled.
- Training cancelled within 10 days of the scheduled event will be charged 50% of the training cost.
- Training fee is due at least 30 days prior to training date. If payment is not received by due date, training will be canceled. Credit will be awarded once sign in sheets are received or after payment has been received if additional fees apply.