Space & Furnishings
Well-planned, indoor and outdoor environments make it easier for children to learn, to get along with one another and become independent. Effective environments can also make things easier for the child care provider.
A quality learning environment should send these messages to children:
- This is a good place to be.
- You can trust all the big people in this place.
- You can be independent and do many exciting things that will help you learn.
- You can get away and be by yourself or be with friends whenever you want to.
- This is a safe place to explore and try out your ideas.
- Everything here is for you and you can use it whenever you like.
- You know where things are and they're always in the same place.
- This is a happy place that helps you learn new things.
- Somebody knows you and what you like to do.
HAVE A QUESTION?
Contact an Early Learning Consultant: 800-997-8515
Submit a question or request individualized support ➜
> INDOOR SPACE
Furnishings that are well cared for and user-friendly promote self-help skills and make materials more accessible and convenient to children.
Display colorful, simple pictures, photographs, and children's artwork pieces where children can easily see them.