Child Care Grants and Incentives
Choose a county to view Economic Development Association contacts and funding opportunities that support child care businesses.
Bowman County Development Corporation
Teran Doerr | 701-523-5880 | Development@BowmanND.com | PO Box 1143 | Bowman, ND 58623
We offer the same services and resources to childcare businesses that we offer to all other businesses. We can assist with business planning, marketing, human resources, etc. We also have a variety of funding programs that we can offer including interest buy-downs.
Divide County Development Corporation
KayCee Lindsey | 701-965-6006 | firstname.lastname@example.org | PO Box 297 | Crosby, ND 58730
Divide County Job Development Authority has seen an increased need for childcare in our county. We would like to encourage stay-at-home moms to consider opening their home for a few more children in need of childcare.
We are offering a $200 one time start-up grant to self-declared providers and a $250 one time start-up grant to licensed providers living within Divide County. These small grants are often used in conjunction with a grant from Childcare Aware, but can be used on their own..
Dunn County Jobs Development Authority
Carie Boster | 701-764-6092 | email@example.com | 125 Central Avenue, PO Box 283 | Killdeer, ND 58640
The Dunn County JDA offers startup grants, micro-loans and license renewal bonuses. Child Care businesses must be located within the Dunn County to be eligible. Contact the office for these and other opportunities.
Stark Development Corporation
Gaylon Baker | 701-225-5997 | PO Box 765 | Dickinson, ND 58602
Child care grant and loan information:
- Maximum grants are $100,000 each for Centers and $25,000 each for Groups.
- Stark Development Corporation looks at this through the lens of workforce growth. We are doing this to free up the options available to parents of young children by adding capacity of child care available.
- Timeline for completion required, funds may be re-allocated if excessive delays occur.
- Grants and low cost (Flex PACE) financing may be used together on a project.
- Flex PACE financing will still be available after grant dollars are allocated.
- Operational decisions such as hours of operation and ability for employers to reserve slots are operator’s decision, but may be looked upon favorably when competing for grant funds.
- Utilization of technology for safety and awareness is encouraged.