Start-Up Grants for Family License Child Care
Individuals starting a family license child care business can apply for a Child Care Start-Up Grant. Grant funding can be used to purchase equipment and resources required to meet licensing standards.
If you are awarded a Start-Up Grant, Child Care Aware® will assist you with purchase of items through select vendors and arrange for direct shipping.
To be eligible for a Start-Up Grant, applicants must initiate the licensing process by contacting the child care licenser at your county social services office.
Priority consideration will be given to grant applicants who
• Provide care in counties with documented low child care supply
• Include care for infants (0-17 months) and/or toddlers (18 to 36 months)
• Serve children who are/or may be eligible for Child Care Assistance
Apply Soon - Funding is Limited
Start-Up Grants are being awarded on an on-going basis until June 30, 2017 or until all grant dollars are expended.
- Applications accepted no sooner than 90 days before anticipated licensing and no later than 90 days after licensing.
- Grant awards cannot be used to purchase electronics, home appliances or furnishings, home improvements (fences, egress windows, etc.) or restrictive infant equipment (swings, walkers, etc.)
Need Help Starting a Licensed Child Care Business?
The guide Start Licensed Child Care | Family License will lead you through the steps.You can also contact Child Care Aware® if you have questions about starting a child care business or applying for a start-up grant.
StartChildCare@ndchildcare.org | 800-997-8515