Start Child Care
Child Care Aware® of North Dakota offers free consultation and resources to those interested in starting a licensed child care business. Our knowledgeable consultants can assist individuals or communities as they work to develop a new program. Get off to a great start by receiving technical assistance on health and safety, business essentials, setting up your space, and professional development needs.
Access to a Personal Coach
An Early Childhood coach is available to help you start child care right from the start. We will help:
- Support you through the licensing process
- Establish business practices which are the foundation to quality and sustainability
- Incorporate essential health & safety practices
- Create an professional development plan
- Assist in setting up your environment
- Work with you to complete your first re-licensing process
Engage in Professional Development
Your coach will guide you through the steps needed to begin your professional development journey. You will be eligible to apply for scholarships for select Child Care Aware® of North Dakota courses.
- Getting Started
- Family Child Care (for licensed family child care providers)
Enhance Your Program
Grant dollars allow Child Care Aware to provide a pre-determined package of start-up resources and materials for your program.