Professional Development • Coaching
The Pyramid Model framework gives early learning educators strategies for promoting healthy social-emotional development of infants, toddlers and preschoolers. This initiative includes E-Pyramid modules (online training) so you and your staff can learn at your own pace plus a coach to help you implement and sustain the use of evidence-based approaches to support the learning and engagement of ALL children. Centers participating must commit to a minimum of 6 month of coaching.
The Teaching Pyramid Observation Tool (TPOT™) will measure how well teachers are implementing the Pyramid Model of practices that support children’s social competence and prevent challenging behaviors.
Being involved in this initiative can benefit an early childhood center by:
- reinforcing interactions that promote social-emotional competence in young children
- implementing strategies to prevent and address challenging behavior
- strengthening implementation in all classrooms; and
- enhancing the skills and competencies of your staff
Access to a Personal Coach
A Coach specializing in the Pyramid Model and reliable in the TPOT tool will be by your side to help you:
- Strategize new ideas
- Implement goals
- Engage in reflective conversations
- Use Observations to see improvements in your program and encourage you while making positive changes in your child care setting
Engage in Professional Development
Learn how to create nurturing and responsive relationships, provide high quality supportive environments and implement targeted social emotional supports. E-Pyramid online modules are convenient and affordable.
- Learn more about the ePyramid modules
- Growing Futures recognizes this national training certificate of completion, upon request, they will document 12 hours on your professional development record.
Applicants must meet these requirements:
- A licensed child care center in good standing
- At least a Bright & Early Step 1 participant
- A Center Director and up to 3 staff must register for and complete ePyramid Modules
Ready to Join?
Check out Child Care Aware of ND’s Helpful Resources for a step-by-step tutorial on 'How to Apply for a Quality Initiative’.