Face-to-face trainings will be canceled if:
- Training has low registration at the registration deadline
- Threatening weather is predicted
Eager-to-Learn trainings will be canceled if there is low registration at the registration deadline.
E-Learning classes will not be canceled due to low registration or weather.
Registration & Payment
Registration and payment are required for all classes. You must have a Growing Futures Registry ID to register.
- E-Learning courses require online registration and payment.
Getting Started, a 15-hour basic child care course, and Safe Sleep and Reducing the Risk of SIDS are delivered to you at no cost, but registration is required.
- You can register and pay for any training online using a credit card. Online registrations occur in real time. Credit card payments will not be accepted over the phone.
- Mail-in registration will be accepted for face-to-face training and must include check or money order. Make checks payable to Lutheran Social Services - Child Care Aware of North Dakota. Mail-in registrations are processed in the order they are received.
- Only paid participants will have a space reserved for them in class.
- Class sizes may be limited.
- Classes with low registration at the registration deadline will be canceled.
- No walk-ins will be accepted.
- You have three months from the date of registration to complete e-Learning courses. If you do not complete all coursework, including evidence, within this time, you will need to re-register, pay any registration fees again, and restart the course from the beginning.
- You may resubmit once within 10 days of receiving your initial score. Details about your resubmission can be found in the notes section of your interactive classroom. If your EOL is still insufficient, you will not receive credit for completing the course and will need to re-register and pay in order to complete the course again.
Log in to Growing Futures to view a list of trainings you have sucessfully completed. Become a member of Growing Futures to view and print your official Learning Record.
- Out of respect for others, please do not bring your children to trainings. Please refrain from using your handheld devices and cell phones during a training.
- You are expected to participate in discussions and contribute to group work during face-to-face trainings.
- You are expected to complete all course materials and submit your own original work for all e-Learning and Eager-to-Learn trainings.
- Classes start and end on time. Participants who arrive 10 minutes late and/or leave 10 minutes early will not receive credit.
- Child Care Aware® reserves the right to withhold credit from participants who do not follow these guidelines
Weather Cancelation Policy
Child Care Aware® of North Dakota will cancel a scheduled training when the weather is threatening. You will be notified of a cancelation by email as late as one hour before the class is scheduled to begin. Every effort will be made to reschedule the training.
- You may transfer to a different training or be eligible for a refund if Child Care Aware® cancels a training due to weather or low registration.
- No refunds or transfers are granted for e-Learning courses.
- If you cancel your registration at least 10 days prior to the training start date, you may be eligible for a refund. A $10 processing fee per training will be deducted from amount refunded. Please allow 4 weeks to process refunds.