Create and Maintain an Inclusive
Environment for Children Special Needs
The North Dakota Department of Human Services, in partnership with Child Care Aware of North Dakota, is offering grant funding to child care providers who wish to develop or maintain inclusive child care environments.
This grant is funded through the ND Department of Human Services Child Care Provider Inclusion Support Program for the 2017 - 2019 Biennium. Recipients of the grant can can use funds for the addition of specialized staff, or purchasing needs-based materials to assist you in caring for children with special needs. Technical support from an experienced inclusion specialist is also available through the Inclusion Support Program at no cost to early childhood service providers.
Who Can Apply
Licensed and self-declared early childhood service providers can apply.
- Childcare centers and school-age programs
- Preschool programs
- Family and group child care homes
- Self-declared homes
Providers in the process of licensing may also apply.
Providers need to complete the following tasks before applying for the program.
- Parent or guardian obtain and provide a letter from a child’s therapist, physician, or other health care provider outlining the need for additional support. Service Provider Letter of Support template.
- Work with a child’s parents and an inclusion specialist to create a care plan for each child in care with special needs.
How to Apply
Grant application forms and complete information is available at http://www.nd.gov/dhs/services/childcare/inclusion.html
Completed applications will be accepted from August 1, 2017 through October 31, 2017.
Grants will be awarded on a first come, first serve basis, pending availability of funds.
Inclusion Support Consultation
Technical assistance for early childhood service providers is also available at no charge. An inclusion specialist can provide:
- Educational resources
- Connections to community resources
- On-site observation
- Helpful strategies on maintaining an enriching setting for children
Contact Scoti Welder, Child Care Aware Inclusion Specialist, at
email@example.com | 701-934-5964